Once upon a time I made a Python script that posts the music playing in Banshee (Ubuntu) on Twitter. Times have changed and now I use Clementine to listen to music, furthermore I jumped the Mastodon bandwagon too, so I wanted my script to toot too, not just tweet.
I was looking at fulltext search options when I found out that there is a Japanese language-specific plugin to make indexing more meaningful. Japanese doesn’t have word-delimiting spaces, so fulltext usually has a very hard time with it. MeCab uses a dictionary approach to that, in contrast to n-gram which just splits up words into equal sized bits.
Let’s check my MySQL version first… Apparently I have 5.17, which supposedly comes shipped with MeCab. Except it doesn’t, if you use Ubuntu, because apparently dependency rules for the universe repo don’t let them include it. Which is a huge pain in the ass, since I now have to look for the libpluginmecab.so file myself, and finding it wasn’t exactly an easy task.
Sure I’m not very well versed in the workings of open source dev communities, so I’ve got no idea where I’m supposed to look. I figured that if they can’t include that plugin file in the repo, then they might make it available elsewhere. I found it eventually in the community package .deb for the server, so I tried naively just extracting it and putting it in my plugins folder (which is
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/ in my case).
Tagsale anime art beer blog code coffee concoct deutsch emo english fansub filozófia food gaming gastrovale geek hegymász jlc kaja kultúra language literature live magyar movie másnap politika rant seven summits sport suli szolgálati közlemény travel társadalom ubuntu university weather work zene 日本 日本語 百名山 艦これ 軽音